Dr Vincent Pedre shares his second book The GutSmart Protocol, how to Revitalize Your Health, Boost Your Energy, and Lose Weight in Just 14 Days with Your Personalized Gut-Healing Plan. He dives deep into how the gut can play a major role in autoimmune disease and how healing the gut to drastically minimize or elimination your Hashimoto’s symptoms.
In this Episode We Cover:
- The focus is on the small and large intestine and the microbiome living there, which is essential for the processes that run the human body.
- The large intestine has an estimated 100 trillion bacteria, making it like carrying your own personal galaxy.
- Autoimmune disease may begin in the gut with a process involving genetic preposition, leaky gut, and environmental triggers.
- Gluten is one potential environmental trigger due to its characteristics that can trigger the immune response.
- Imbalance in the gut microbiome due to antibiotics, processed foods, and alcohol consumption can cause dysbiosis, leading to a dysregulation of the immune system that eventually can lead to autoimmune disease.
- Leaky gut allows inflammatory substances like endotoxin to pass through the gut border, leading to immune system activation and inflammation.
- Over-activation of the immune system can cause it to fail to recognize what is self and what is non-self, potentially leading to autoimmune disease.
- Many women are given medication and told to eat less and exercise more, rather than addressing the connection between gut health and metabolism/weight gain.
- Stress can lead to gut permeability and affect the gut microbiome, which can contribute to weight gain and difficulty losing weight.
- Gut healing and detoxification can help with weight loss and metabolic issues.
- Environmental triggers like mold or mycotoxins can contribute to gut permeability and inflammation, even in the absence of traditional gut symptoms.
About Dr Vincent Pedre:
Dr. Vincent Pedre is the Medical Director of Pedre Integrative Health and Founder of Dr. Pedre Wellness, CEO/Founder of Happy Gut Life LLC, has worked as a nutraceutical consultant and spokesperson for NatureMD, and is a Functional Medicine-Certified Practitioner with a concierge practice in New York City since 2004.
He believes the gut is the gateway to excellent wellness. His newest book, The GutSMART Protocol — featuring a 14-day personalized gut-healing plan based on the GutSMART Quiz — is the culmination of years of research and clinical experience as a functional gut health expert.
Where you can find Dr Vincent Pedre:
His New Book: https://gutsmartprotocol.com/gift/
Where you can find Emily Kiberd:
Follow Dr Emily Kiberd and Thyroid Strong on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok
If you want more information on when the doors open for the next round of Thyroid Strong , join the waitlist: dremilykiberd.com/tswaitlist
If you’re looking to lose weight with Hashimoto’s, grab my free download: https://www.dremilykiberd.com/weight/
If you’re looking to beat the Hashimoto’s fatigue, download my free resource here: