Today I have Dr. Jolene Brighten, a Naturopathic Physician and one of the few guests who have been a second-time guest on the Thyroid Strong podcast. She shares her new book, “Is This Normal?” and how to get your libido back, your hormones in balance, and where to start when you feel overwhelmed with your Hashimoto’s diagnosis.
Her new book is informative, entertaining, and all the things you wish you knew when you were first diagnosed.
In This Episode:
• The things women are told are normal that aren’t when it comes to health and hormones
• Why many of the things women are told about our bodies are wrong
• What foods help balance your hormones
• What are the symptoms of thyroid and adrenal imbalance, especially in relation to hormone problems
• What to understand about libido and how to support it
How sexual desire differs in women and men
• The brakes vs gas theory of libido and spontaneous vs responsive desire
• Her 28-day plan for better hormone health, mood and libido
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a hormone expert, nutrition scientist, and thought leader in women’s medicine. She is board certified in naturopathic endocrinology and trained in clinical sexology. Dr. Brighten is the author of Is This Normal, a non-judgemental guide to creating hormone balance, eliminating unwanted symptoms, and building the sexual desire you crave. A fierce patient advocate and completely dedicated to uncovering the root cause of hormonal imbalances, Dr. Brighten empowers women worldwide to take control of their health and their hormones through her website and social medical channels. Dr. Brighten is an international speaker, clinical educator, and medical advisor within the tech community.
Where to find Dr. Jolene Brighten:
If you’re looking to lose weight with Hashimoto’s, grab my free download: https://www.dremilykiberd.com/weight/
If you’re looking to beat Hashimoto’s fatigue, download my free resource here: https://www.dremilykiberd.com/fatigue/