I sat down with Esther Blum, an Integrative Dietitian and Menopause Expert, to chat about living with Hashimoto’s and then hitting menopause. It can feel like we were hit by a bus twice over. Ester shares how to navigate menopause like a rockstar and gives tools to feel your best.
Esther Blum is an Integrative Dietitian and Menopause Expert. In the past 27 years she has helped thousands of women master menopause through nutrition, hormones and self-advocacy.
Esther is the bestselling author of See ya later, Ovulator, Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat, Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous, Secrets of Gorgeous, and The Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous Project.
Known as Gwyneth Paltrow’s menopause mentor and by Forbes for helping women thrive through menopause, Esther was also voted Best Nutritionist by Manhattan Magazine. She has appeared on the Today Show, ABC-TV, and Good Day NY and is frequently quoted in goop, Well + Good, Forbes, Time Magazine, The New York Post, The Los Angeles Times, In Style, Bazaar, Self, Fitness, Marie Claire, and Cosmo.
In this episode we chat about:
- What are the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause?
- What tests do women need to have done to know their hormonal baseline?
- Why do most women not feel like themselves anymore when they’re going through perimenopause and menopause?
- What is the dreaded “menopot” and how can women lose the belly fat?
- What are the best types of hormone replacement therapy?
- What are the benefits of hormone replacement therapy?
- Why do some doctors dismiss HRT in favor of The Pill or an IUD?
- Do women need to wait till menopause to begin hormone replacement therapy?
- What are the best exercises menopausal women can do to feel energized and happy?
- Can you share some client success stories of women who underwent your process and got their groove back after treatment?
“There is not a person I see in practice with Hashimoto’s who does not have a gut issue cooking. The GI MAP is a key piece of getting to the root of the root because when we fix the gut, we enable the immune system to function optimally!”
Esther is sharing a special gift for the Thyroid Strong listeners, her Happy Hormone Cocktail guide.
She’s also offering a Mastering Menopause live event on February 25th, 2023, you can register here.